FLOW CONTROL NEEDED

aura at uwmacc.UUCP aura at uwmacc.UUCP
Fri Feb 20 04:03:18 AEST 1987

We are running 4.3 BSD UN*X on a uVaxII.

We find that when our system has a heavy load incoming raw data
from a serial port is not reliably collected.  Many bytes are dropped
and the files are not only incomplete but also useless.  These transactions
occur using RAW mode.

We would like to set up flow control using the TANDEM option.  However, if both TANDEM and RAW flags are set the RAW mode takes over and there is still no flow control.  (We need to use RAW mode because we are dealing with binary data
files)

SUMMARY:

How can I incorporate flow control for raw data transfer?
--
	Aura Leigh Berquist ...!uwvax!uwmacc!aura or ...!uwmacc!sal70!aura