savecore

sscalsk at nswc-wo.arpa sscalsk at nswc-wo.arpa
Tue Feb 3 07:51:04 AEST 1987

Can anybody offer any explanation for savecores inability to save the core
image? It runs on a 750 with BSD4.2 with 1 RA60 and 1 RA81 drive. The
savecore in the rc.local goes to the RA81:

/etc/savecore /usr01/crash/system  >/dev/console

The RA81 has plenty of room. No error messages are generated and savecore
indicates that it was successful, yet no core appears in or along the path.
In looking thru the list of 4.2 bugs I came across a bug for alternate system
images but have not applied the patch yet. Our sources have not localisms so I
must be missing something totally simple-minded. Any ideas folks?

[DISCLAIMER: The preceding was brought to you by me and only me]

Stan Scalsky            ARPA:       sscalsk at nswc-wo.arpa
                        Compuserve: 70337,2015
                        BIX: sscalsky
                        Source: BBJ841