How do you manage multiple /etc/passwd files?

ecl at mtgzy.UUCP ecl at mtgzy.UUCP
Fri Feb 13 00:33:41 AEST 1987

In article <286 at desoto.UUCP>, shz at desoto.UUCP (S. Zirin) writes:
> Users should NOT use the same password on more than one computer for obvious
> security reasons.  In addition, you should probably use password aging to
> require your users to change their passwords periodically.

Well, I'll go along with password aging, but I (like many system
administrators) have logins on 20+ systems.  If I had to have 20+ logins,
I'd have to write them down and I consider *that* more of a security problem.
(I do have more than one, however.)  Since we age passwords every four weeks,
changing them is a pain--luckily we have a remote access capability on many of
our systems that helps.

					Evelyn C. Leeper
					(201) 957-2070
				UUCP:	ihnp4!mtgzy!ecl