what is the RB86 on the VAX 8600 ?

stevens at hsi.UUCP stevens at hsi.UUCP
Wed Feb 4 06:29:50 AEST 1987

What is the "RB86-AA integrated disk and tape controller" that comes
with the VAX 8600 ?  The DEC manuals don't give any description at all,
but it looks like it supports the RA disks and the TU81 tapes, so I'd
guess it's a MSCP controller ?  Will 4.3 BSD support this device ?
Is it faster and/or better than a UDA50 for the RA81 drives ?
I can't find any drivers on our 4.3 system that mention it, and I also
couldn't find any references in the "Installing 4.3" document.

	Richard Stevens
	Health Systems International, New Haven, CT
           ihnp4 ! hsi ! stevens