Echo

Randal L. Schwartz @ Stonehenge merlyn at intelob.biin.com
Thu Dec 8 11:23:18 AEST 1988

In article <6646 at june.cs.washington.edu>, ka at june (Kenneth Almquist) writes:
|							   I've been thinking
| of adding a `rename' command to allow shell builtins to be moved around.
| This would allow people to say `rename test sdlkjfsdlfk' in their .profile
| files to get rid of the test command in their login shells, but test would
| still be around in subshells.

Arrggh.  But then what about my 'rename' shell script? :-) :-) :-) I
think you should call your command 'xyzzy'.  Or 'plugh'.  Or '*'.

Come to think of it, I had a shell script named '*' once.  Nevermind.
:-)
--
Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095
on contract to BiiN Technical Information Services (for now :-),