unshar business

Catherine Segedy segedy at gsg.UUCP
Tue Dec 6 05:17:49 AEST 1988

Everyone is going crazy over the problem of running the maps through a shell
script, and all of the problems which that creates.  It took me 1/2 hour to
write (and test to my own satisfaction) a simple C program to do it instead.
It rejects EVERYTHING which is not in the format I expect.  (We get our map
updates regularly enought that it is not too important if a couple of maps
get thrown out here and there).

This took considerably less time than reading the huge volume of news that
has been generated on the subject.

					Cathy Segedy

decvax!gsg!segedy
harvard!gsg!segedy

I am not a liberated woman because I have ALWAYS been free.
			Thanks MOM, thanks DAD, for raising me right!

my views are my own.  That is all that is certain about them.