Why's and wherefore's.....

Paul Muller muller at munnari.oz
Thu Dec 1 01:12:49 AEST 1988

I know this is asking for comp.unix.wizards.flame, but I am rather confused.

     I have been talking to people in the industry and to collegues over the
advantages of SCO Xenix vs Microport Sys V (AT/386), which is better, the last
comment I recvd from a friend (who runs Xenix) was that Microport was CRAP!
He cited the point that the ttyx drivers are stuffed and that the whole OS is
a snail! This is rather odd as a conflicting comment suggested that M/Port
runs rings around Xenix on any PC?!?!

      I would appreciate some expert (read:user) opinion on this as I have
to help manage a system that will run a file intensive retrieval system and
with around 6 users I need something that can hack the pace and save my bum.

      I apologise for the contravertialnous (spel?) of the topic, but I really
like to know what I'm getting myself into (assuming it makes it through finance

Thanks in advance,
Paul Muller
+61 3 743 5930
(muller at munnari.oz.au)