how do I tell the size of a pseudoterm window?

Kenneth P. Stox stox at ttrde.UUCP
Fri Dec 9 02:42:26 AEST 1988

In article <5444 at cbmvax.UUCP>, ditto at cbmvax.UUCP (Michael "Ford" Ditto) writes:
> In article <9042 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
> >It is true that a layer is rather different from other systems' notions
> >of what a window is, but UNIX System V does have window size information
> >set/get ioctls.  See <sys/jioctl.h>.
>
> You seem to be implying that the layers/xt system is an integral part
> of System V or the SysV tty interface.  I don't think this is the case.

Layers/xt is distributed with the UNIX System V.3 sources, I think that
qualifies as an integral part of the UNIX Operating System. It is also
distributed as a binary on every UNIX System machine AT&T makes, including
the 7300/3B1/UNIX-PC.

Ken Stox
630 Development Group
AT&T B/L SK527-4