how do I tell the size of a pseudoterm window?

Kenneth P. Stox stox at ttrde.UUCP
Fri Dec 9 02:51:16 AEST 1988

In article <964 at vsi.COM>, friedl at vsi.COM (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:
> In article <577 at auspex.UUCP>, guy at auspex.UUCP (Guy Harris) writes:
> > I'm not sure layers and pseudo-ttys are the same sort of beast, so I'm
> > not sure you can say that one is "more powerful" than the other.
>
> No no no no.  Layers are like BSD job control :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Well, I guess I see the smiley faces, but layers is nothing
like BSD's job control. You may be confusing layers with
shell layers which appears similar to BSD job control. Pick
up a 630MTG and tell me that layers is in any ways the same
as BSD job control.

Ken Stox
AT&T B/L SK527-4
att!ttrde!stox