Terminal locks (was Autologout of unused terminals)

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.COM
Sun Dec 18 16:05:20 AEST 1988

In article <2292 at cuuxb.ATT.COM>, dlm at cuuxb.ATT.COM (Dennis L. Mumaugh) writes:
> Moral: terminal locking programs are NEVER [what never? no!
> never!] secure.

No kidding.  The 4.1BSD [I think] `lock' had a hardcoded magic
unlock password ("hasta la vista"), and ^Z would stop it as
well.

     Steve

Stephen J. Friedl        3B2-kind-of-guy            friedl at vsi.com
V-Systems, Inc.                                 attmail!vsi!friedl
Santa Ana, CA  USA       +1 714 545 6442    {backbones}!vsi!friedl
Nancy Reagan on my new '89 Mustang GT Convertible: "Jus