SysVr3.2.1 /etc/mount problems

Vincent C. Hatem vch at attibr.UUCP
Fri Dec 23 06:41:36 AEST 1988

In article <1279 at nusdhub.UUCP>, rwhite at nusdhub.UUCP (Robert C. White Jr.) writes:
] in article <76 at attibr.UUCP>, vch at attibr.UUCP (Vincent C. Hatem) says:
] >
] > After installing the OS, I installed the 4.1 C compiler. The INSTALL procedure
] > says that I have to install the System Header Files package again... No
] > problem, I figure... Yeah, right.
]
]
] The 4.1 C compiler has a routine in it which want's you to install the
] system headder files, it *INSISTS* that you do so via floppy.  3.2.1
] does not have a System headder files floppy diskette, it is on tape,
] so you try to load these things from tape.  sysadm installpkg has the

so far, so good...

] floppy mounted on the directory /install and sysadm tapepkg wants to
] mount the partition of the tape which contains the system headder files
] in the directory /install.  here is our basic conflict... ;-)

Not quite. I broke the installation at that point. The floppy was NOT mounted.
That's the first thing I checked...

] To check this out for yourself jsut "mount -r /dev/rSA/diskette1 /install"

I tried that. Didn't work.

] Does this sound like someone who has already been through all this?  IT
] SHOULD!  I spent the better part of the day disecting the diskettes just
] to make shure.  ACK.
]
] Rob.

Sorry to hear that you went to so much trouble no to be able to help me at

Seriously, I DO appreciate your help. I found the problem myself. The
partition was flagged as non-mountable. 3.1.1 doesn't care, but 3.2.1 DOES.

Basically, I made a type while editing the partition maps.

OOPS.

It works now that I re-partitioned the disk.

--
Vincent C. Hatem                            | att ---->\ (available from any
AT&T International                          | ulysses ->\ Action Central site)