SysVr3.2.1 /etc/mount problems

Vincent C. Hatem vch at attibr.UUCP
Thu Dec 22 02:34:25 AEST 1988

I just installed 3.2.1 on a 3B2/600 here, and I'm having a little problem
with /etc/mount:

After installing the OS, I installed the 4.1 C compiler. The INSTALL procedure
says that I have to install the System Header Files package again... No
problem, I figure... Yeah, right.

So, I do a 'sysadm tapepkg' to get the system header files package off the
tape, and after loading the floppy-image onto /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s4, it tries
to mount that partition on /install. This is where things go weird.

I get the messages:

mount: Permission Denied.
mount: Cannot mount /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s4

And it dies.

Well, I tried to mount the partition manually, and I get the same messages.
I tried both /install and /mnt. Of course, I'm logged in as root on the
console.

I can mount and umount any other partition, just not that one.

I did a fsck on the partition, and all is OK.

Any ideas?

-Vince

--
Vincent C. Hatem                            | att ---->\ (available from any
AT&T International                          | ulysses ->\ Action Central site)