Reasons for restricting su privilege?

der Mouse mouse at mcgill-vision.UUCP
Fri Dec 2 09:28:15 AEST 1988

In article <479 at Terra.cc.brunel.ac.uk>, linda at cc.brunel.ac.uk (Linda Birmingham) writes:
> In article <3948 at encore.UUCP> bzs at xenna (Barry Shein) writes:
>> (an attribution line seems to be missing here)
>>> I'm having a problem convincing some of the people around here of
>>> the dangers of having several super users.  One of our faculty
>>> members insists upon having the privilege, for whenever one of the
>>> normal super users isn't around.

Why not grant it?  Are you that certain this person is not competent to
handle the privilege?  Remember, you're there to serve your user
community, of which this person is presumably a part.  (If not, then
why pay any attention at all?)

Not that this necessarily has any bearing on your situation; you'll
have to be the judge of that.

					der Mouse

			old: mcgill-vision!mouse
			new: mouse at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu