Info on BRL shell

Roy Smith roy at phri.UUCP
Thu Sep 22 04:48:55 AEST 1988

davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
> Please tell me that I'm not the only one who feels competent to decide
> how I set my prompt, for root or anyone else.

	Sorry Bill, but I agree that putting a '#' at the end of the
superuser prompt is A Good Thing.  I've often got a half dozen shells
running in different windows; it's nice to be reminded which of them has
been superuserized.  Besides, this is just a cosmetic thing; it's not
something that actually gets in the way of you doing work, like
gratutitiously sticking a carriage return at the end of a file or something
like that.
--
Roy Smith, System Administrator
Public Health Research Institute