Info on BRL shell

Arthur David Olson ado at elsie.UUCP
Fri Sep 23 02:25:57 AEST 1988

> Please tell me that I'm not the only one who feels competent to decide
> how I set my prompt, for root or anyone else.

One problem is that the decision can't be made in a vacuum.  The manual
page for su(1) on our SunOS 4.0 system notes that
	To remind the super-user of his responsibilities,
	the shell substitutes `#' for '$' or '%' in its usual prompt.
If shells are set up to behave differently, the su(1) documentation becomes
incorrect.
--
	  The Canadian space program is into artificial catatonia.
	ado at ncifcrf.gov			ADO is a trademark of Ampex.