UNIX -> VMS transfer

Dennis G. Rears FSAC drears at ardec.arpa
Thu Sep 1 03:07:16 AEST 1988

    I have a microVAX II running microVMS 4.7 and several computers
running different versions of UNIX (ULTRIK, 4.2 BSD, SVR2 , HP-UX).  I
have a directory structure on the UNIX system that I would like to
transfer over to the MicroVAX using either a 8 track tape (I have a
TU81+ connected) to the tk50 tape cartride.
    Is there a PD utility where I can do this?  May a VMS tar, or a
UNIX utility that would make the tape in VMS format.  The directory
structures are 1-3 Megabytes each.  I am getting tired of making the
directories by hand and placing the files in them.

   Dennis

Dennis G. Rears: Computer Scientist & 1LT USAR
ARPA:	drears at ardec-ac4.arpa	UUCP:  	...!uunet!ardec-ac4.arpa!drears
AT&T:	201-724-6639		USPS:	Box 210, Wharton, NJ 07885
Work:	SMCAR-FSS-E, Bldg 94, Picatinny Ars, NJ 07806