null pointer problems and AT&T (was: att & osf)

The Grey Wolf greywolf at unisoft.UUCP
Thu Sep 1 07:10:13 AEST 1988

In article <8391 at smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>In article <1988Aug26.194505.25724 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>>a little bird tells me that *THE SVVS ITSELF* has NULL-pointer problems!!!
>
>???  What could this possibly mean?  I don't recall seeing any SOURCE CODE
>in the SVID!  And how could an INTERFACE SPEC have a "null pointer problem"?

Who was talking about SVID ?  The SVVS is not the same thing as the SVID.
SVVS is the System V Verification Suite.  It has to test things within the SVID
to make sure that they work properly, i.e. it tests an INTERFACE SPEC.  The
Test Suite itself is a PROGRAM, and it probably has NULL POINTER PROBLEMS.

[I've had to count to ten after reading your posts more than once.]
--
 "
Roan Anderson, Software Engineer, Configuration Management