SysV Strangeness

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Thu Sep 1 08:38:54 AEST 1988

I have two identical 3B2/400s, both running SysV R3.1.2.  Today, I
attempted to load the C compiler s/w on the other one, mc3 (mccc has
been using it for some time now), and I found that I had to uninstall
several unessential pieces of s/w.  I did that with 'sysadm'.  I
installed the C compiler system, and then rebooted.  RFS didn't come up.
 In fact, when I tried to start it manually, it said "rfsstart not
installed" or something like that! I then uninstalled RFS,but when I
tried to reinstall it, I ran out of room on the root filesystem.  Both
HDs are partitioned the same.  /tmp is empty.

What is eating up my blocks?

Thanks.

Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division                   ...!att!jonlab!mccc!pjh
Mercer College			CompuServe: 70240,334
1200 Old Trenton Road           GEnie: PJHOLSBERG
Trenton, NJ 08690               Voice: 1-609-586-4800