Proposed creation of comp.protocols.nfs

R.H. coast near the top geoff at eagle_snax.UUCP
Sun Sep 4 22:52:12 AEST 1988

Re-reading my posting, I feel a clarification is in order. I would
expect the primary purpose of comp.protocols.nfs to be discussions
of practical NFS issues, including bugs, product availability, proposed
enhancements, interoperability, etc., Comparative discussions of various
distributed file systems would definitely be of secondary importance. (For
people who want to relive the NFS vs. RFS flame wars of a year or two
back, I'm sure somebody has archived them.)

Here are some of the NFS-related topics recently posted to the net:
	Update on "NFS and TCP/IP for the Mac"
	A NFS file server on the IBM PC
	NFS security
	QEMM, and DesqVIEW, and PC-NFS, and findings...
	Problems with groups under PC-NFS
	NFS for IBM PC (*not* PC-NFS)
	Integrating Apollo into Sun NFS
	NFS, A/UX and the Mac II
	MacNFS's file mapping.
--
Geoff Arnold, Sun Microsystems Inc.+------------------------------------------+
PC Distrib. Sys. (home of PC-NFS)  |If you do nothing, you will automatically |