terminfo

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Tue Sep 27 07:09:20 AEST 1988

As quoted from <1536 at ficc.uu.net> by peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva):
+---------------
| In article <3194 at pegasus.UUCP>, hansen at pegasus.UUCP (Tony L. Hansen) writes:
| > <> = tony
| > < = peter
|
| > < 10) Use the terminfo routines in other environments. I can define a
| > < gamecap file and use the termcap routines to access it. The entries in
| > < there don't have to have anything to do with terminals.
|
| > I agree that the routines could be made usable in other environments. I
| > believe that your use of the termcap routines for gamecap would require
| > either having the source avaiable or doing various tricks with the
| > environment.
|
| All you have to do is point 'tent' to your new table, diddle it, and point
| it back again.

I have yet to see a termcap manual that described a variable called "tent".
Which leaves us back to requiring source.

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, uunet!marque!ncoast!allbery			DELPHI: ALLBERY
	  For comp.sources.misc send mail to <backbone>!sources-misc