Problem with find(1)

Cameron Paine cbp at foster.avid.OZ
Mon Sep 26 23:32:09 AEST 1988

In article <108 at forsight.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>, roston at robotics.jpl.nasa.gov (Gerry Roston) writes:
> I am having a problem with find on various Suns (3/260, 3/60) running
> Sun OS (3.5, 4.0).  The problem is as follows:

Maybe I'm missing something cos I (sob) have never used Suns...

> Does anyone have any ideas how I can simply skip news/spool?

Have you considered:

	find / -print | egrep -v '^/usr/spool/news/.*$'

Of course, the regexp can be changed to suit the situation. You can even
'|' expressions together to exclude more than on tree in a single pass.

If this won't do what is wanted, would somebody please enlighten an
ignorant soul (one at a time, please :-).

cbp

ps: this works a treat when cpio-ing from root into a mounted
subdirectory.
--

cbp at foster.avid.oz - {ACS,CS}net
cbp%foster.oz.au at uunet.uu.net - ARPAnet