process ids

The Beach Bum haugj at pigs.UUCP
Sat Sep 3 05:49:58 AEST 1988

In article <171 at ispi.UUCP> jbayer at ispi.UUCP (id for use with uunet/usenet) writes:
>	I have a need to be able to identify the parent of a process
>which is executing on the system.

>	I have found an include file	<sys/proc.h>	which apparently
>is used by the system to keep track of this.  I can find no reference to
>it in any manual I have looked in.

anyone interested in playing with system tables should pick up my crash
program which was posted in comp.sources.misc earlier this summer.  it
contains code which will determine the process group id and parent
process id.

if you are interested in any other kernel table munging this program is
a good source of ideas ...
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-The Beach Bum at The Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers-=-=-=-=-=-=
               Very Long Address: John.F.Haugh at rpp386.dallas.tx.us
                         Very Short Address: jfh at rpp386
                           "ANSI C: Just say no" -- Me