UNIX Remembered

Seth Rich rich at alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu
Wed Sep 28 01:20:03 AEST 1988

:
>If the statement was not recognized the message was "not BASIC" and if
>it was not formed correctly the message was "wrong".
>--
>	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)
>  {uunet | philabs}!steinmetz!crdos1!davidsen
>"Stupidity, like virtue, is its own reward" -me

Brings to mind the computer I learned on... a TRS-80 Model I (in BASIC), which
had (at the time) a grand total of three error messages:
  what?   for syntax errors
  how?    for non-executables (GOTO wrong line, etc.)
  sorry.  for out-of-memory (exceeding 4K was not a difficult task, so they
              went to 16K -- it seemed infinite at the time [for about 3
              months])

Seth I. Rich