Papers on Layered UNIX systems like Apollo VRM, Apollo SR10, etc.

Charlie Sauer sauer at auschs.UUCP
Fri Sep 23 23:31:17 AEST 1988

I'll be a little presumptuous and assume the subject line should have read
"AIX VRM".  The most recent readily available paper is

   L.K. Loucks and C.H. Sauer, "Advanced Interactive Executive (AIX) Operating
   System Overview," IBM Systems Journal 26, 4 (1987).

Older, but still largely accurate, is

   T.G. Lang, M.S. Greenberg and C.H. Sauer, "The Virtual Resource Manager,"
   IBM RT Personal Computer Technology, SA23-1057 (January 1986).

I have a fair number of reprints of the first article and some copies of the
book including the second one.  I'm willing to mail copies upon e-mail request.
--
Charlie Sauer   IBM AES/ESD, D75/802     uucp: cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!sauer
                11400 Burnet Road       csnet: ibmaus!sauer at CS.UTEXAS.EDU