Can cu do call-backs to terminals?

Hershel Belkin belkin at teecs.UUCP
Wed Aug 9 15:16:52 AEST 1989

Can anyone suggest a method (or where to find a method) of implementing
a dial-back scheme that would work with a call-in terminal (as opposed
to a computer)?  I have a need to call my system while out of town, but
for security (as well as long distance charge :-) reasons, I'd like
to have the system call me back after the initial log on.  (Yes, I
know about "security modems", but I don't have one!)

I thought there might be some way using "cu" to place the call-back, but
I don't know how I'd then associate a getty with the connected line.
(ie. "cu" calls, my modem answers, ... then what??)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks

(Email responses to  "...!lsuc!teecs!belkin" ; I'll be glad to summarize
and re-post any useful suggestions)