validating dumps

Linda Birmingham linda at cc.brunel.ac.uk
Tue Aug 8 21:20:54 AEST 1989

I'm trying to validate dump tapes.

I liked someones idea of trying to restore the last file on the tape.

The question was...how do I know which is the last file.
The restore t gave me a list of inodes and it seemed that things were dumped
in inode order. Hurray ! Just restore the highest inode...unless
the highest inode refers to a directory. I do not want to restore the whole
damn file-system.

How can I find out if this inode refers to a directory or file on the dump
tape ?

Thanks,

Linda.
--
Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, England.
janet: linda at uk.ac.brunel.cc |  :-)