vi dumping core

Hans Buurman hans at duttnph.tudelft.nl
Tue Aug 8 16:47:04 AEST 1989

Has anyone seen the following problem ?

(Running SunOs 4.0.1 export on a Sun 4)

If something very unclear has changed in your environment, vi dumps
core on an illegal instruction. This reproduces faithfully, until
you change something else, like setting or unsetting TERMCAP.
Last time this started to happen, I had just changed HACKOPTIONS
into NETHACKOPTIONS.

I reported the bug to Sun in March, when I had just found out I
could get around it by changing TERMCAP. They inquired after my
vt100 for a while and nothing was heard of it since. I'm not sure
whether the problem is Sun-specific though.

Has anyone else seen this ?

	Hans

Hans Buurman                   | hans at duttnph.tudelft.nl
Pattern Recognition Group      | hans at duttnph.UUCP
Faculty of Applied Physics     | mcvax!hp4nl!dutrun!duttnph!hans
Delft University of Technology | tel. 31 - (0) 15 - 78 46 94