mail problems

Contractor Robert Johnson robjohn at ocdis01.af.mil
Wed Aug 23 07:09:34 AEST 1989

Could someone get a message to the postmaster of the UNIX-WIZARDS list for
me?  I keep having a problem receiving mail from SEM.BRL.MIL, which gives
the following error messages:

  Aug 22 14:30:56 ocdis01:	26961 sendmail: AA26961: SYSERR: collect: \
     unexpected close, from=<unix-wizards-request at sem.brl.mil>: Connection \
     reset by peer during collect with SEM.BRL.MIL

  Aug 22 14:45:15 ocdis01:	27834 sendmail: AA27834: SYSERR: collect: \
     unexpected close, from=<info-unix-request at sem.brl.mil>: Connection \
     reset by peer during collect with SEM.BRL.MIL

The problem is that I get about two dozen such messages a day, and get
nothing from the UNIX-WIZARDS list.  I've sent several messages to try
and get it fixed, but either I'm being ignored or they are all falling
into the bit bucket somewhere.  I talk with several other systems on
a regular basis, and don't have this problem.  SEM.BRL.MIL is the *ONLY*
system that gives me this error.

If I can't resolve this, I'll have no choice but to sign off the list.
It would make very little difference, since I don't get anything now,
anyway.

Bob Johnson, OCDIS01.AF.MIL System Administrator
Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma City
405-739-5038, robjohn at ocdis01.af.mil