What differentiates a Workstation from a PC (Re: What should GNU run on (was Re: what kinds of things . . .))

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Wed Aug 16 00:51:37 AEST 1989

In article <1528 at convex.UUCP>, datri at concave.uucp (Anthony A. Datri) writes:
> Personally, I find it difficult to call something running MS-DOS with
> a fairly low-res screen a workstation.

How about something runing UNIX and X-windows with a 1K by 1K display?
That's what you'll find in high-end PCs these days.
Business: peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180. | "The sentence I am now
Personal: peter at sugar.hackercorp.com.   `-_-' |  writing is the sentence
Quote: Have you hugged your wolf today?  'U`  |  you are now reading"