ls source code

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Thu Aug 10 07:08:06 AEST 1989

In article <182 at cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu.edu> saxena1 at cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Naveen S. Saxena) writes:
>I am looking for source code for standard ls (for BSD and SYSV systems).
>I have checked bsd-sources on uunet and could not find it. Can anyone
>give me a hint ?

Source code for "ls" is provided on the UNIX source distribution tape,
and is available only to sites that paid the appropriate licensing fee
and signed a contract that obligates them not to release the source
code to unlicensed sites.  In other words, if you're entitled to the
source code, you should already have it.

On the other hand, "ls" is almost trivial to implement.  Only the vast
number of silly options require much work.