ls source code

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Thu Aug 10 03:25:24 AEST 1989

In article <182 at cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu.edu> saxena1 at cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Naveen S. Saxena) writes:
> I am looking for source code for standard ls (for BSD and SYSV systems).
> I have checked bsd-sources on uunet and could not find it. Can anyone
> give me a hint ?

Yes, on any AT&T or BSD source distribution tape.  The bsd-sources stuff
on uunet is only the things that originated at Berkeley that they changed
the licensing restrictions on.  Since the core utilities like ls are
essentially unchanged from (or at least directly derived from) the AT&T
source, they are the least likely to be released.  Look for re-written GNU
equivalents instead...

but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at uunet.uu.net