curses - problem... NO

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Tue Dec 12 04:47:49 AEST 1989

In article <8074 at cs.yale.edu> spolsky-joel at CS.YALE.EDU (Joel Spolsky) writes:

| These statements are mutually contradictory. You had BETTER not assume
| 80 x 24 if you want your program to run on anything but old plain
| vanilla terminals. I won't even begin to enumerate the number of
| terminals that aren't this size.

  You're right, but I think the original poster was saying "don't use
more than 80x24" rather than "don't bother to check for less." That's
open to interpretation, or course. I try to insure that anything I write
will run in 80x24, although some applications might take advantage of a
longer screen.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon