SYS V Bourne Shell .shrc file

Mike Wescott wescott at Columbia.NCR.COM
Wed Dec 27 04:48:17 AEST 1989

In article <1792 at ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM> mercer at ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Dan Mercer) writes:
> The .shrc is also invoked prior to /etc/profile and ~/.profile on login.

Nope.  After /etc/profile but before $HOME/.profile, mimicing csh's behavior.

> Other SYSV users,  let me know if you have it.

This is an NCR hack. If someone else has it, they've reimplemented it
independently.  I hacked it into /bin/sh as a mechanism to export shell
funtions against the day we get ksh.

--
	-Mike Wescott
	 mike.wescott at ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM