Login (unique) problems with terminal emulations.

Rahul Sukthankar sukthnkr at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Thu Dec 28 17:33:55 AEST 1989

In article <1471 at lakesys.lakesys.com> johnb at lakesys.lakesys.com (John C. Burant) writes:
>Okay, since talk here is involving start-ups, and I have a problem slightly
>am having trouble setting up my terminal emulation correctly.  Everything
>here has been tested with ksh and csh, so please don't direct
[after entering the wong term type]
>I do a csh .login or a . .profile, the system won't set it correctly, even
>going trough the whole login procedeure a second time (exececuting those
>.profile or .login files).

I notice that you "csh .login".  This will only make changes in a COPY
of the variables.
Do the following:
a) source .cshrc  (you might be setting stuff here too)
b) source .login
and enter the correct term type.  Hopefully this will work.

>-John

-- Rahul Sukthankar
   (sukthnkr at phoenix.princeton.edu)
		^
		|__ goes down in flames, rises from the ashes.