What should the password/security/userinfo/login system include?

Brian Ellis bri at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Thu Dec 7 13:45:21 AEST 1989

In article <4180 at sbcs.sunysb.edu> brnstnd at stealth.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
[deleted]
>I find myself working (not too strenuously) on a complete redesign of
>the user control system. Basically, what d'y'all want in it? I don't
>promise to take any particular suggestion, but I'll give credit for new
>ideas that I use.

	For one thing, the unix filesystem is not all that organized. I
	would recommend gloming things like /bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin
	You might also eliminate the historical distinction between
	/etc and /bin. General cleanup and unification would be great.

	-brian ellis (bri at boulder.Colorado.EDU)