curses - problem... NO

Joel Spolsky spolsky-joel at CS.YALE.EDU
Mon Dec 11 04:17:25 AEST 1989

In article <21708 at adm.BRL.MIL> AGRISCS at umcvmb.missouri.edu (Don Ingli) writes:
>Oh, try not to use LINES and COLUMNS in your programming... just assume
>an 80 X 24 screen.....  Remember, you want your programs written so that
>they can be used with all emulators/terminals.....

WHAT!!!!

These statements are mutually contradictory. You had BETTER not assume
80 x 24 if you want your program to run on anything but old plain
vanilla terminals. I won't even begin to enumerate the number of
terminals that aren't this size.