System V /bin/ld question

Fariborz "Skip" Tavakkolian fst at gtenmc.UUCP
Mon Dec 11 16:10:08 AEST 1989

I posted this question a week or so ago to comp.unix.questions, but no
answers yet, so here is a manual cross posting:

How does one dynamically load an object file (a .o) into a running program
using the system V link editor?

The program I'm porting was written on systems where /bin/ld has -A and
-T flags. This allows the application to run /bin/ld when it is going to
load a '.o' to link it to the current program (specified by the parameter after
the -A flag) and where the start location should be (specified by the
param after the -T flag; i.e. value returned by sbrk() before executing
/bin/ld).  I have looked through the System V link editor tutorial.  I can't
find anything that would allow me to do what the -A, and -T flags do on these
other unices do.

(P.S. The environments I am trying to port to are UNIXPC SVR2 and 3B2 SVR3.2)

Many thanks
Skip