Login (unique) problems with termin

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Sun Dec 31 14:27:07 AEST 1989

In article <1400002 at qat> valsee at qat.UUCP writes:
>one can get around this in Bourne shell by using the eval statement and
>command substitution, i.e. " eval `tset -s -Q....` ".  i don't know off
>the top of my head if there is an equivalent for csh; i certainly can't
>remember one at the moment.

  Strangely enough, the command in csh would be, "eval `tset -s
-Q...`".  The man page for csh claims that the eval command for csh is
"as in sh(1)."

  One additional note, in response to the post to which Valerie was
responding: The commands output by tset are not supposed to be
magically executed by the shell in some way.  They are *supposed* to
be evaluated by the user, either by saving them to a file and sourcing
it, or by the more efficient method of using eval.

Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace
jik at Athena.MIT.EDU				Allston, MA  02134
Office: 617-253-8495			      Home: 617-782-0710