printer problems ( the sequel )

Jacob Gore gore at eecs.nwu.edu
Thu Jan 26 12:13:24 AEST 1989

/ comp.unix.wizards / HIGGS_M%prime1.lancashire-poly.ac.uk at nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk (Mike Higgs) / Jan 25, 1989 /
>I have tried the fs
>parity options ( odd , even , no etc. ) to no avail, and the printer doesn't
>seem to be able to receive data in one format and send in another.

True.  I suppose you have a reason for not setting the printer to match the
host's parity...

Anyway, the following printcap flags work with our LG02 set on 8 bits, no
parity:

	:fs#006320:xs#044000:

I don't remember anymore what the flags are, but I seem to recall that it's
the xs entry (local flags) that saves you -- I think one of the bits sets
LITOUT mode.

Jacob Gore				Gore at EECS.NWU.Edu
Northwestern Univ., EECS Dept.		{oddjob,gargoyle,att}!nucsrl!gore

P.S.  I first tried mailing this, but nss bounced it.