rsh environment

George Kyriazis kyriazis at rpics
Sun Jan 1 06:17:00 AEST 1989

In article <15215 at mimsy.UUCP> chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:

>4BSD's `rsh' remote shell (not restricted shell) runs the login user's
>shell.  If that shell is a `csh', it reads ~/.cshrc under the usual
>restrictions for `csh -c' commands.

then can you tell me why when I do   'rsh localhost ph'
where ph is my alias for 'ps aux | head' it says  'ph: Command not found' ??
I set up my aliases in my .cshrc.   Also when I do    rsh localhost alias
it doesn't show anything.  If I do rsh localhost printenv  it just shows
4 shell variabls and not the tons I usually have.  Any ideas?

  George Kyriazis
  kyriazis at turing.cs.rpi.edu
  kyriazis at ss0.cicg.rpi.edu