Yet Another useful paper

vyrus vyrus at altger.UUCP
Mon Jan 2 09:18:15 AEST 1989

I have heard about a paper presenting a mathematical formulation of a fast
implementation of the DES in software able of speding up UNIX crypt()
password encryption routine by roughtly 20 times. (@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com)

I wonder if someone would mind telling more about the matter or, (even better!)
sending me an high language (C? great!) implementation of such algorithm.

Another thing: I tried for over a month to design in C a decent pseudo
random generator, but in vain. I know there is a lot a theory about
random generators, but where are the samples? Now I am using DES to generate
pseudo randomness and the process is terribly slooow. Any hints?

[well, I did succeeed in writing my program, but when I applied its output
to David Wood's Random_Number_Generator_Tester.c I found it was too bad]

Thanks in advance.

=David=