AT&T 630 terminal - software ??

Alex Beylin alexb at cfctech.UUCP
Fri Jan 20 02:47:31 AEST 1989

In article <163 at flnexus.ATT.COM> heff at flnexus.ATT.COM (Paul_Heffner) writes:
>The second serial port on the base controller for the 630 is for
>a printer port, you cannot use it for a second host access. The
>SSI/EIA board is needed for this purpose. (The SSI port lets you
>hook it to a 6500 family controller for access to the Synchronous/IBM
>world.)

My SSI card is still on order, but I am using the two serial
ports to connect to two hosts. The trick is to use a null-modem
cable for the second serial port - works fine.

 Alex Beylin, Unix Systems Admin.       | +1 313 244 3386
 alexb at cfctech.UUCP                     | Chrysler Financial Corp.
 alexb%cfctech.uucp at mailgw.cc.umich.edu | MIS, Technical Services
 {sharkey|mailrus}!cfctech!alexb        | 901 Wilshire, Troy, MI