AT&T 630 terminal - software ??

Paul De Bra debra at alice.UUCP
Sat Jan 14 01:05:33 AEST 1989

In article <5334 at pdn.UUCP> reggie at pdn.UUCP (George W. Leach) writes:
>In article <9348 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>
>>Why do they make keyboards so wide?
>
>    To annoy us?
>
>>I need room on my desk for things other than the @#&*^% keyboard,
>>for example the mouse and my coffee cup!
>                              ^^^^^^^^^^
>     Glad to see you have your priorities straight, Doug :-)

Well, clearly the 630 keyboard (both models), as well as the IBM "advanced"
AT-keyboard and the many clones are designed for left-handed people only.
You can have the mouse very close to your left hand, and that should be
very convenient. (I think one wants to access the mouse more often than the
coffeecup.) For right-handed people like me the numeric keypad and the cursor
keypad have only one effect: they put the mouse farther away from the usable
part of the keyboard.

I am still waiting for someone to interface the nice gnot-keyboard to the
630...

Paul.