AT&T 630 terminal - software ??

Dave Turner dmt at ptsfa.PacBell.COM
Sat Jan 14 09:50:37 AEST 1989

In article <5334 at pdn.UUCP> reggie at pdn.UUCP (George W. Leach) writes:

>BTW:  Anyone remember the original Teletype CRTs?  You know the ones
>with the detachable keyboars which weighed a ton?  They were quite
>useful for doing curls, but put one on your lap and you would cut off
>the circulation to the legs!

Detachable keyboard? The earliest Teletype CRTs that I saw were in
1969-1970. I think they called it the 2510. It was the size of a small
desk. It came in two models: one had the crt with 25 (yes 25) lines
by 80 columns; the other had the crt screen taller than it was wide.

There was space for a built-in modem and the keyboard was similar to
a model 37 keyboard.

The most memorable feature was that the crt could be tilted to eliminate
glare from overhead lights. To change the tilt required that the
entire desk top be opened and the tilt adjusted by use of a wrench.
Unfortuntately after the crt tilt had been changed the top would not
close because it had been molded for one angle of tilt only.

--
Dave Turner	415/542-1299	{att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!dmt