graphics support (was: AT&T 630 terminal - software ??)

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sat Jan 21 06:18:15 AEST 1989

In article <2390 at cuuxb.ATT.COM> dlm at cuuxb.UUCP (Dennis L. Mumaugh) writes:
>It IS true recent versions of System V Reease 2 & 3 have
>removed the graphics software and libraies.

Yeah, it really pisses me off, because they didn't provide a replacement.
Can I get AT&T to "dedicate" the old source code for these to the public,
i.e. place it into the public domain?  Several of us have cleaned it up
quite a bit, and if AT&T doesn't want it maybe we could distribute the
improved version to those who do.

An alternative would be to make "nplot" available.

GKS is a grotesque joke.

The BRL CAD folks seem to have produced an independent upward-compatible
extended "UNIX plot" library with my color and 3-D additions previously
provided in the BRL UNIX System V emulation plus some new IEEE floating
point support.