Controlling ttys, exec login fails

John W. DeBoskey jwd at sas.UUCP
Wed Jan 18 09:41:21 AEST 1989

Hello,
   I had a similar problem with a PS2 Mod 80 running ISC's 1.0.6. The
problem was DCD was not high on that terminal line. I don't have
source, but apparently, when login does a read to get the password
it checks DCD. If it's low, it decides that there's nothing on the
line and exits. Most of the getty's and uugetty's I've seen don't care
about DCD and happily issue another login prompt. What I did, strap
dcd(8) to dtr(20). It works like a champ now.

 Hope this helps...

                                     John