Ultrix 3.0 - where are the tales?

Bruce Barnett barnett at vdsvax.steinmetz.ge.com
Fri Jan 27 22:10:29 AEST 1989

In article <126 at indri.primate.wisc.edu>, bin at primate (Brain in Neutral) writes:
>Now that Ultrix 3.0 is out,
>Where are the stories?

There are several new features in the Ultrix 3.0 Sendmail.
We are having a fun time because I can't find out what they are
because we have no sendmail manual with the 3.0 manuals.

My current project it to enhance cfc and ease so that they
will understand the new constructs in the grammar. Right now,
cfc has a hard time converting the sendmail.cf that comes with Ultrix
into an ease program that will compile correctly into sendmail again.

As an example, I don't think older sendmail.cf files will work with
Ultrix 3.0 sendmail.  In particular, all TCP mailers in the Ultrix
supplied sendmail.cf have the -R mailer flag.  This flag is
unimplemented in 4.3 sendmail, and means the mailer uses a reserved
TCP port. Perhaps DEC has implemented it?

Send me mail for more details.

	Bruce G. Barnett 	barnett at ge-crd.ARPA, barnett at steinmetz.ge.com
				uunet!steinmetz!barnett