Ultrix 3.0 - where are the tales?

Dan Davison dd at beta.lanl.gov
Fri Jan 27 15:43:36 AEST 1989

In article <126 at indri.primate.wisc.edu>, bin at primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) writes:
> Now that Ultrix 3.0 is out, I've been anxiously waiting to hear
> what people who've installed it have to say about it: installation
> difficulty, gotcha's once installed, what breaks, etc.

Here at LANL the major news machine has been inaccessible thru
serial ports since the upgrade.  The rumor is that there is some
problem with autobaud detection at 2400 baud.  Whatever the truth
is, Ultrix 3.0 & serial ports look like a bad combination.

And I was thinking about getting an Ultrix box!!

dan davison/theoretical biology/t-10 ms k710/los alamos national laboratory
los alamos, nm 875545/dd at lanl.gov (arpa)/dd at lanl.uucp(new)/..cmcl2!lanl!dd
"Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to
undertake.  It is not easy.  It is not a gift given, but a choice made,
and the choice may be a hard one." ...Le Guin, _The Farthest Shore_