AT&T 630 terminal - software ??

avi.y.feldblum ayf at cbnews.ATT.COM
Thu Jan 12 03:03:19 AEST 1989

In article <1003 at vsi.COM> friedl at vsi.COM (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:

>Sorry, AT&T has mislead you.  This is the pricing for the 630:
>
>  Part #	     Description			 List
>----------	-------------------------		------
>3344-630	Terminal Controller Base		$1,225
>33534COL19	Amber 16" Display Monitor		 1,080
>33537		122-key keyboard			   195
>33535		SSI/EIA board				   300
>33536		Mouse					   150
>							------
>					TOTAL		$2,950
>
>I think all the parts are needed, certainly the base, monitor
>and keyboard.

The SSI/EIA board is not required, I think you would want that if
you want to hook up to two different hosts AND attach a printer to
the terminal. Without the board you can have one host on the main
port and either a printer or second host on the aux. port. I also
think that you want the 98-key keyboard (#33401) rather than the 122
key if you are using it in a Unix type of environment. The 122 has
lots of "funny" (at least to me) keys on it that have meaning in an
IBM (I think) environment. A second option you may want to consider
is part# 33422 which is a 512k RAM card (not required, but lets you
cache more stuff in the terminal).

<standard disclaimer> This is not an official opinion, etc. I just
happen to have a 630, and think it's a great terminal.

Avi Feldblum
ayf at pruxe.att.com