Remote lprm

Daniel Jay Barrett ins_adjb at jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU
Wed Jun 7 03:32:17 AEST 1989

	We have all our printers attached to one machine (a VAXstation 2000),
but users can submit print jobs from any machine in our department.  The
problem is that once a print job actually reaches the VAXstation, nobody
but root can ever remove it from the print queue!

	This is because all print job files become owned by root on the
VAXstation, since the print daemon is forwarding the jobs to the VAXstation.

	Is there an elegant way to allow users to dequeue their own
print jobs, without allowing ALL users to remove ALL print jobs?

	We are running ULTRIX 2.0.  Please answer by E-MAIL because I
do not regularly read this group.  Thanks!!!!

--
# Dan Barrett	barrett at cs.jhu.edu	(128.220.13.4)	ARPANET             #
#		ins_adjb at jhuvms.bitnet			BITNET              #